Friday, August 5, 2011

Events of Summer

Where did summer go? I have to go back to school in a week and a half! We packed a lot of fun stuff into our summer. Here's a little of it:

1. I went to Girls Camp while Gehry played with Shannon, Brady, and Jackson.


2. We ate BBQ (well, Gehry didn't...). Josh, Grandpa Gleason, some uncles (I think), and Gehry went to a BBQ competition in Heber Valley... I don't know the details, but there was a lack of planning and so the vendors couldn't serve food. BBQ fail. Then they went to some BBQ place in Utah Valley and all was well.


3. We celebrated Strawberry Days. Gehry learned to clap just in time for the parade!

4. I went to the Common Core Academy (pretty much a week-long conference for work).

5. We threw a baby shower for Kourtney, which was pretty awesome. I'll have to post pictures later. And, by the way, we have 3 new baby girls in our neighborhood! Yay for girlfriends!


6. We picnic-ed. Our family took a little day trip to Logan for Zoe's baby blessing. Here we are at a picnic in the park afterward.


7. We wore red, white, and blue for the 4th of July! Gehry was not impressed with the fireworks. He loved his flag though! Thanks, Mandy!


8. We fished in Alaska! I have 106 photos from Alaska, so it deserves its own post. But here is my favorite. Salmon the size of an 8 month-old baby!

9. Josh graduated with him MBA from U of U. We'll post more on that later. And he has a new job!

10. I went to Youth Conference in Oakley.


11. We splashed at the splash pad.


12. We swam at the pool and hung out with lifeguards! Actually, we're taking lessons now at the pool where Scott works.

We've been having so much fun! Hope your summer is just as great!

3 comments:

ashley said...

yay! what a fun summer! i am not looking forward to school starting. no way.

Esplins said...

Oh Kim I am so dreading the start of school. Boo! I'm glad you packed so much fun into your summer break. Gehry is adorable in every single pic! Here's to the next week and half of our lives slowing down so we can enjoy every second. Cheers! See you soon :)

Mandy said...

Wow! You guys made our summer look lame!! Such cute pics though!