Thursday, June 12, 2008

An English teacher with nothing to do...

Summer has taken me by surprise. It's been a while since I had a summer off from school, and I don't know what to do with all my spare time. I work at the pool teaching swimming lessons in the mornings, but the rest of my day is blank. I'm not complaining though (I LOVE my break), I'm just explaining why I sound like such a geek.
I started reading The Host on Monday, and I just finished it this morning. I can't believe how awesome it is! I read the three books in the Twilight series earlier this year, so I knew I like Stephenie Meyer's writing, but this book blew me away. I loved it! I think I like it better than the Twilight books... we'll see how I feel on August 2nd though! The Host is a fantastic book... and I'm not just saying that because I'm an English teacher...

1 comment:

Annette said...

I'm always looking for books to read. thanks for the idea.