Monday, August 18, 2008

How we Spent our Summer

Now that school's started, I feel like I should join my students in doing the "How I spent my summer vacation" assignment. Here it is:

1. We hiked to Silver Lake with our friends, Dan and Heidi. It just about killed me. It was pretty though.



2. We (and by "we" I mean Josh) painted our front door and put in new hardware. It looks great! I think the cranberry/purpley-red/ burgundy color looks nice with the green of our house. It was Josh's idea to paint the trim white. We actually just used the touch-up paint from the garage door that the former owners left for us. I love when things are free.




3. Mandy and Ryan got us tickets to an Orem Owlz game. It was really fun, but all of my attention was on...
4. Breaking Dawn! Unfortunately, I'm not a fan. Maybe it's just me being an English teacher, but I like when books actually have a conflict. After I read the book, all I could think of was when Dwight feels like Ryan is severing his relationship with Michael and Pam tells him he should tell Ryan that he's a Volunteer Deputy Sheriff on the weekends, but Dwight just says, "Yeah, Pam. Just talk it out. That'll work," in a very sarcastic tone. Just talk it out.

5. We also had a great time at Bear Lake for Josh's family reunion. That was the highlight of the summer. Sorry, even though it's a private blog now, there's still no chance of me posting swimsuit pictures.

That's our summer in a nutshell. Now it's back to grading papers. At least I get three days off in October... and three more in November... and 10 days off for Christmas. BAAAAAA! My job rocks!

3 comments:

Justin and Melissa said...

Leaving a comment to show I can access your blog. Plus I forgot to tell you that I love the color of your door, it looks great with the color of the house

Skipper said...

When the heck did you go hiking?!? That's so weird to me.

Also, I am a big fan of the cranberry door. And also NOT a big fan of Breaking Dawn

Mandy said...

Nice... we invite you to a SWEEET owlz game and your attention was on a book you don't even like... Nice Kim. Just kidding, we love playing with you guys, we need to do it more!