Monday, September 15, 2008

Hobnobbing with Provo's Elite

Wow! What a weekend!

I ran (kind of) in the Beat Beethoven 5k in Pleasant Grove that morning. It was a really fun race. They play one of Beethoven's symphonies (I forgot which) and you try to get to the finish line before in ends (it's like 23 minutes). The cool part is that they have a "pace runner" dressed up like Beethoven so you know if you're on track or not. I was excited at first...but my enthusiasm quickly diminished. I ran/walked with Skip and her cute little boy. My brother placed 4th in his age group, my mom had a personal best time, and my dad place 2nd in his age group. All four of them beat Beethoven. Skipper and I are out of shape and watched Beethoven trot on without us. Still fun though.

In the afternoon, Josh and I went to the BYU game. Heidi and Dan had extra Cougar Club tickets, which is where the hobnobbing came in. I can't believe people live like this. It was amazing! First we went to a buffet dinner with fantastic food and had the marching band come in and play the fight song for us. Here we are in the Cougar Club tent, just after eating and just before I hit the chocolate fountains. And, yes, those are flat screen TVs so you have something to do while you eat.
We also got free hats! They were pretty nice, but it makes my head look big.Our seats were also amazing. I could actually read the numbers on the players' backs! The game was great... I'm sure you've already heard. At half time, we headed back to the tent and ate more food. They also brought us little cartons of ice cream during the 3rd quarter. Man, I'm glad I did a 5k that morning.

All in all, it was awesome. We really didn't hobnob, but it was cool to live the life for a while.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go! Who cares if you beat Beethoven or not--you finished a 5k!

Mal Mecham said...

Look how lucky you are! Kim, you're so cool. Can we be friends? Oh wait, we are!! I feel so special!!

Annette said...

That sounds like so much fun :) I wonder what a similar race would look like at Disneyland...

aubrie said...

Wow, if that isn't the strangest idea for a run ever, I don't know what is. I think it's way cool that you ran a 5k! Good job!
The game sounds like it was lots of fun, too. All that food? That might make football bearable!

Esplins said...

Kim!! Hey it's Emily from school. I'm just looking through random blogs of people I know and I totally thought this would be someone else's blog but it's yours and I'm psyched!! Let's be friends online since we're pretty much in different worlds at work. I'll come see you tomorrow at PTC. :)

Skipper said...

Hmmm, looking at that picture of me I think I know why I didn't beat Beethoven. Better luck next year (for both of us)!!

Justin and Melissa said...

yeah for hobnobbing!