Sunday, October 5, 2008

A New Addition



Here is the new addition to our family. Last weekend, we went out to Walmart for Drano and came back with Dunder, our new little kitty (we did eventually make our way back for the Drano, thank goodness). I am definitely not a cat (or animal) person, but Josh really loves having a cat, and I love Josh, so now we have a cat.


This is what Dunder really looks like. I hardly ever see him until he's inches away from my face. Man that cat is fast!



The day we got Dunder, Skipper, Evan, and Spencer came over to see him. Spence is so cute around him. He kept yelling "kitty" and trying to pet him. He is very gentle when he pets Dunder, which I think is pretty cute.


Even though it's clear that Spencer is kind to animals, he had a jealous moment with our kitty. Spencer's dad was playing with Dunder. Spencer ran over to his dad, jumped on top of Dunder, and (softly) tossed the cat away.


Also, Dunder is a climber. We've been putting him outside more frequently so he can get used to being an outside cat/snake-killing-machine. He likes to climb our screen door (as if somehow it would help him get back in). Fortunately, he can also climb down :)

7 comments:

aubrie said...

How cute is he! And what a climber, that it insane. I love the name...I can definitely tell that you two are big fans of The Office!

Jessica said...

I'm not a cat person, but he is super cute! And I'm w/ Aubrie, fabulous name!

We used to have cats that would climb the screens on our doors and windows. One of them jumped up on a loose window screen next to where we were all eating breakfast one day, and he fell backwards, screen and all w/ claws still dug in. I feel kind of cruel saying it, but it was hilarious!

Melanie said...

Love the name. But that screen climbing thing is a little freaky. What a nice wife you are!

Annette said...

Kim-I never put you as the cat owner. Dunder is a cutie though. Have fun!

Skipper said...

BAH! It climbs the screen?!?

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

Dunder huh? Any realtion to Dunder-Mifflan? Cute kitty, we are cat people so I think it's just great....Hey, remind me at church I have 2un opened bags of kitten food you can have!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.