Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Weeks Off

Today is my first day of Christmas Break! Hooray! This is when I'm so happy that I chose to be a teacher. I'm also sick with a gross cold. This is when I'm really irritated that I chose to be a teacher. It does, however, give me lots of time to read.
One of my students gave me this for Christmas. I started it on Friday and finished it yesterday. The Secret of Life of Bees is a great book. It's got a lot of "girl power" so I can see why Oprah liked it so much.
Now I'm reading The Scarlet Pimpernel, one of my all time favorite books. I love everything about it. I think I'm covered with my reading for the next couple days, but I'll still need something for next week. What have you guys read that you've absolutely loved? I'm up for just about anything... except Maus (that was just too much) or Breaking Dawn. Any suggestions? Let me know! Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

aubrie said...

Have you ever read Stargirl? It's a short easy teen read, but I loved it. I hope that you enjoy your Christmas break and get feeling better! I'm jealous that you get two weeks off...it just doesn't seem like Christmas when you don't get much of a break from work to play in the snow, eat cookies, and play with all your new toys, you know?

Justin and Melissa said...

I just finished life expectancy by dean koonz ( i think that is how his last name is spelled) it was pretty good i thought

Arti said...

Hey Kim! You gotta love the two weeks. I'm sorry you are sick though. It is a tough part of the job description. I have read two recommends from my students: Princess Academy and Keturah and Lord Death. They are both pretty quick reads, but Keturah was really just fun. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher and Swallowing Stones by something McDonald are also really good. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!