Don't get me wrong-- Halloween for little kids is adorable. I don't mind 5-year-olds running around in cute little costumes asking me for candy. I don't mind darling Halloween decorations. I don't mind trunk-or-treating, Halloween parades in elementary school, or carving pumpkins. I'm not a complete jerk, hence the cute Halloween cupcakes below.
(Now do you get the "whooo" thing?)
However, I am sick of moms in sleazy costumes, junior high kids oozing with fake blood, and gorey slasher movies. I can't stand dusty, cobwebb-y decorations. Why do I want my house to look dirty? I nearly gag every time we pass by a haunted house. Those things gross me out. And I really hate when all the cute trick-or-treaters go home, and teenagers come to my house begging for candy (when I know full well that they can buy their own dang candy with the money they have from babysitting and mowing lawns).
Good news: It's almost over! Tomorrow is the best day of the year... the longest time from the next Halloween!
5 comments:
I have to agree! I am not into Halloween either. I think it is the dumbest holiday. It is the first holiday in a string of holidays where we give out candy. it will only end with easter.
Amen... Mostly. I am dreading tomorrow. Primary is going to be a nightmare. 65 tired kids coming off a sugar high is never good.
I never knew about the despise inside of you for Halloween... I love the cupcakes though!! Delicious! :)
I never knew you were so opposed to Halloween. The things you learn :) Don't worry, only 364 more days to go.
Kim, you're so cool. I laughed hysterically and read this aloud to my roommate and brother. (Neither were listening, but I had to share.) Anyway, thanks for the peppy Halloween cheer :) or at least the honesty.
Post a Comment