Sunday, November 15, 2009

Josh's Birthday

It's been a crazy week for us, so we had a low-key birthday for Josh this year. Low-key or not, it still deserves a blog post. We watched College Game Day in the morning (although we do that every Saturday, so it wasn't necessarily birthday-related).


Later we hit up Cabella's so Josh could spend his birthday money. He picked up a thermometer for his smoker (I hope that means more smoked foods in our future).

What's a birthday without presents. Thanks to Jim and Cindy for the gift card and 800-page book on the history of oil... only Josh would request something like that; Mandy for the ticket to the BYU-Utah game; but the winner is Melissa who scored with the "World's Best Boss" and "Dunder Mifflin" mugs. They're perfect!

We out-sourced the cupcakes this time. Dippidee is my absolute favorite bakery. These are pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Amazing!

5 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

Sounds like a bunch of fun! I love those mugs! Ironically, this week has been one of the only weeks my husband and I haven't watched College Game Day.

Ryan... said...

Ummm...I was feeling a little left out in the shout-outs for presents. Where do you think Mandy gets those BYU tickets?? Hmmmm!! :-)

-Ryan

Melissa and Justin said...

Yeah I am the best.

Arti said...

Sounds fun! I'm jealous of those mugs. That's awesome! Happy belated Birthday Josh!

Jessica and Reece said...

Lady, I need to hire you to make some cupcakes for me to sit and eat all day long. You are amazing! Also, I love the mugs. Reece says he's extremely jealous :)