I've lived an easy life. I haven't had any huge trials or challenges to overcome. In 24 years I haven't needed anyone but my family.
Amazing how life hands you a curve ball sometimes. Earlier this month, Josh and I were hit with a trial--a difficult, agonizing, truly heart-breaking trial. I remember thinking, "How do we get through this?" We have our families, but because neither family had faced this struggle, it's been difficult to cope.
I prayed for three specific things on three separate days: someone I could relate to, someone to mourn with me, and a reason to be hopeful while dealing with the aftermath. Friends and ward members who knew nothing of our heartache were there to provide help in each case. I can't explain these experiences... other than they were miracles. I don't want to throw that term out lightly, but honestly, how could these three people give me what I needed when I didn't tell anyone but my Heavenly Father?
I don't think I've ever felt gratitude until this experience. I am not at the point where I'm grateful for the trial itself, but I am truly thankful for people who listen to promptings and follow through. I want to be one of them.
I don't love sharing my testimony on something so public (you never know who will take you seriously and who mocks you), but I think everyone should know that you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of others... and often you don't even know what you've done for that person. So, on behalf of those whom you've helped, thank you.
Fort Colossus
4 weeks ago
6 comments:
Thanks for posting this, Kim. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so grateful also for a Heavenly Father that answers prayers and for people who listen to promptings so they can bless our lives in ways we didn't know they could. My prayers are with you as you're going through this trial.
What a sweet post, Kim. I'm truly grateful to have you as a friend. It means a lot to me. I'm praying things look up for you soon and you continually find the comfort you need.
Much love, Em
I like that post, very well expressed. I think what you need right now is a nice little vacation out to see me, I know I could use that. Happy black friday and belated thanksgiving!
Kim,
I'm coming to school tomorrow to visit. Can't wait to see you. I am SO so sorry. It probably doesn't mean much, and I know it may not help you feel better, but we're praying for you guys. Things will work out. There will be something more and even better waiting for you when you don't expect it. He isn't vindictive... we may never know why something happens, but He will make it up to you later. I'm so sorry, sweetie. If you ever want to talk...
I just needed to tell you, this post really meant a lot to me. You have always been an example to me and I appreciate you in so many ways.
Post a Comment