Monday, February 8, 2010

This is me trying...

I'm not sure what my deal is, but I don't get excited for New Year's resolutions. I think I'm still in a sugar coma from Christmas. But that itch hits me during February. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of winter so I need something to make me excited about each day.

So this is me trying: I want to run a 5k for real. No more dragging my ridiculously out of shape body across the finish line. No more coming in last in my family. No more "running" with the stroller moms so I have an excuse to go slow. This is for real!

In addition to running, I'm eating better. Don't get me wrong: I love my cupcakes, but there needs to be a change overall. Josh and I joined a veggie co-op this week and have more produce than we know what to do with. So I guess that will force us to eat better.

So there you go. I'm all fired up about getting healthy... for now. Let's hope this one lasts longer than a few months!

6 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

How did you find out about the vegi co-op? What did you have to do to join?

Kim said...

It's called "Bountiful Baskets." It's different because there's no commitment. Buy what you want as often as you want. There is a $3 one-time registration fee, but it's worth it.

Ryan... said...

good for you guys!! We need to do something like that to make me eat my fruits and vegi's!

Jessica and Reece said...

I never get into the resolution thing either. The times I have actually made resolutions, I have failed miserably within a few weeks of making them. However, I may join you on the eating healthier idea. I still eat like I'm pregnant, which is not good.

Justin and Melissa said...

good for you. I wish I could jump in on the co-op thing that is way nice. Good luck with the running also, again, I wish I was there and I would train with you. I REALLY need to get my butt in shape.

Annette said...

Good luck!. I love the co-op as well.