Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Has it really been three months?

So, I'm back from my blogging hiatus. I've been feeling lazy. The weird thing is that I checked my blog everyday... to link over to all of yours! Yes, I'm strange.

Here is a recap of the last three months:

February

For Valentine's Day, Josh bought me seeds. And I was excited. I've been wanting to grow vegetables for a while and I loved the idea of growing them from seeds. We set up a little place for them with a grow light and heating pad. It was so much fun to watch them grow.
Beets

Peas

Carrots
We also worked on the "red room." Instead of the horrific red on all four walls, we have a lovely pale yellow... now we just need the baseboards and casings up, and we'll be done.

And I attempted a craft with Emily and Brooke. I love crafting, but mostly I start something and then never finish it. So, behold: a finished craft!
Never mind that I finished it on February 13th at 10:00 pm. Whatever. It counts!

March

Aside from the Call family "Ides of March: Dinner and Dagger Night," March was pretty uneventful. Oh, and my little brother Tom got engaged, but other than that, not so much.

So here is Josh making me some planter boxes. He sure is handy.
Add Image
April

I turned 25. I love dragging out my birthday, so I celebrated it twice. On my birthday (Josh had school from 5:00-10:00 that night), a good friend took me to dinner at Zupa's, and then I had pie and ice cream with my parents, Skip, Evan, Spencer, and Pippin. Spencer is three and has a hard time letting others blow out their birthday candles so that was funny. He is very sweet though. He told me several times, "Happy Harry Potter birthday, Kimmy." What is that about? Then the next day Josh and I went to Good Wood, where we had the worst server ever. Ever. But the food was great, and we have fun together anyway.

Remember all those seeds that grew into baby seedlings? Well they all died in April. Lame. So now our planter boxes are filled with plants from Linden Nursery. What can you do?

Last, but not least, my recipe was included in the "World Wide Ward Cookbook: Mom's Best Recipes" book! It helps that I know the author, but I am still stoked! Skipper's recipe is in there, too.
And that's it. Hopefully it won't take me another three months to post again. Sheesh!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Half our seed starts died this year too. Thank goodness for Linden Nursery, eh? And is that cookbook good? I keep seeing advertisements for it and it sounds like fun.

And happy belated birthday to you! I love to drag out my birthday too--but not nearly as much as Scott does. ;)

Esplins said...

I'm so glad you posted!! Don't give up on your blog cause I don't have facebook. Your valentine heart turned out adorable. Can't wait to hang out this summer and do more crafts. Good luck with your yellow room... can't wait to see pics of the finished project.

Nicole said...

I am so glad that you posted! That sucks about the seeds, did you tell me that? Can you tell me why it is Linden not Lindon nursery? Is it a family name? I have always wondered!

aubrie said...

You got a recipe published? Seriously, how cool are you! That is awesome! Now I'm pretty sure I need to go buy that cookbook...

B said...

Look at you! You're famous.
Oh. and your heart? Yeah. Turned out SO cute.
um... what else... Oh. Yeah. I am trying to grow plants from seeds... we'll see. They got pretty big so good job there. Maybe next time after they've gotten the size in your pictures re-plant them into bigger pots indoors and keep doing what you were doing until the last frost day passes. (May 15th). I do not have a green thumb. Oh how I wish I did. my mom does. She's great. Not me. I can keep plants alive when I buy them already as toddlers. But that's it.