Monday, June 7, 2010

First Week of Summer

I love being a school teacher... especially during June, July, and August. However, I thought this was supposed to be summer "vacation." I've been a little too busy to be on vacation. Here's how our first week of summer went down:

Monday, May 31: After a trip to Linden Nursery, Olson's Nursery, and the Home Depot, we finally started planting/landscaping our once thriving front-yard weed patch. Really. If the plants last more than a month, I'll post pictures...

Then we had a Memorial Day BBQ with the Gleasons. Justin and Josh planned the dinner (and apparently they couldn't choose one protein dish) so we had chicken wings, steak kabobs, hamburgers, hotdogs, and brauts for the main dishes on top of all the salads and sides.

Tuesday, June 1: District Training. All day. Not my favorite way to spend the day, but at least I got paid... and learned some stuff.

Wednesday, June 2: Josh drove me to Heber Valley Camp for our stake's girls camp. At the gate, one of the sweet missionaries mistook me for a girl and called the stake leaders to authorize me. Awesome. I love looking like I'm 14. And now the stake Young Women Presidency will never let me live this down.

Thursday, June 3: Five hours of sleep. Hikes in the morning. Certification in the afternoon. Our ward won the volleyball championship. Testimony meeting.

Friday, June 4:
Packed up and headed home in the morning. I wasn't sure what to expect from girls camp as a leader, but it was a wonderful experience. I loved the opportunity to get away from day-to-day stuff and focus on building my testimony.

Saturday, June 5:
Josh and I attended a temple session in Manti with my good friend Arti! I was so excited for Arti to go through the temple and so happy she invited us to be with her.



Sunday, June 6: Our church meetings were lovely. Then, because I had too much time on my hands and a bag of apples in the fridge, we made apple pie. Correction. The BEST apple pie ever. It is amazing. I had totally planned on making it to share with the Calls or the the Gleasons. Instead it's staying with us.


And today is a special day as well. Four years ago today I married the most amazing man I've ever met.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL, our husbands should be friends. Scott can never manage to have just one meat at a BBQ either. Insatiable carnivores. And I'm totally jealous you got to go to girl's camp! I want that calling someday.

Esplins said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sorry your week hasn't been much of a break. Darn that district training :) Hope you do something fun today.

Annette said...

Wow you guys have been busy! It looks like so much fun. I love summer.

Annette said...

I'm glad to hear other teachers try to squeeze as much in during the summer as I do!