Monday, July 26, 2010

Grow, baby, grow!

You may remember that all my poor baby seedlings died in April. Fortunately, the plants we bought from Linden Nursery all survived! Our garden is booming:
This box has our four tomato plants, two peppers, red onions, garlic, and carrots. The two little plants in the front are pumpkins.
This box has our yellow onions, green onions, and beets. We had peas growing up the lattice, but they're done now.
And take a look at our stellar tomatoes! Josh thinks we'll have too many, but I could eat tomato sandwiches for lunch and dinner every day and be happy.

Aside from taking care of our garden, Josh and I have developed another hobby: stalking Big Papa's BBQ. These people have the most amazing tri-tip beef sandwich... it's heaven. But they don't have a storefront. They just set up a booth at summer events around Utah Valley. So last weekend, we joined Melissa & Justin on a road trip to Spanish Fork's Fiesta Days in the hope of finding Big Papa's. And we did. And it was totally worth it. I didn't bring my camera, but here's a visual from Strawberry Days:

In other news, baby boy is doing awesome! Thanks for all of the comments and support. I have been feeling pretty great through the whole pregnancy. I really didn't get sick in the first trimester. I'm not to the uncomfortable stage yet, so everything is perfect. After our little guy is born, I'll go back to teaching for the school year. I'm excited for our baby to get here, but at the same time I'm paranoid about leaving my students for six weeks. Meh, we'll see how it goes...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Man, I need to find this BBQ place! Anything worth going to Spanish Fork for has got to be good. ;)

Esplins said...

That sandwich looks/sounds divine! I'm glad baby is healthy and growing. Can't wait till he's here. Don't worry about your students... what's 6 weeks of their education anyway? :) I'll be sure your sub does a great job.

Mandy said...

Ryan and I need to see what this BBQ place is all about! I love the new background and seeing the little (really it is little, you are a lucky one!!) tummy in the photo :)

Annette said...

I took 6 weeks off for maternity leave from teaching. It went OK. I was majorly pre-planned though. It'll be fine. You'll love the break, and it will be hard to go back! Congrats, by the way!