Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recipes and a Baby

First of all, thanks for all of the comments on my cupcake posts! I love making cupcakes and I'm glad you think they look good. As for recipes, I just find stuff online :) There is a great blog called Cookies and Cups where I find a lot of delicious recipes like the cookies and cream cupcakes and the cinnamon cupcakes from my last post. She has a great recipe index, so check it out.

In other news (and I feel really weird not announcing it in a clever way), I'm pregnant. We're expecting our baby boy at the end of October. So that puts me at 24 weeks. Don't feel bad if you didn't know already. Josh and I just kept it quiet... I only told my sister four weeks ago. We wanted to wait until the first ultrasound at 8 weeks, and then wanted to wait until I was out of the 1st trimester because of my first pregnancy, and then we wanted to wait until school got out, and then we were just lazy. I am so excited and so happy that this baby is healthy.

I'd write more about the pregnancy, but I've got 2 quarts of whipping cream, 6 packages of cream cheese, 18 eggs, 2 pounds of butter, and 20 cups of powdered sugar that I've got to turn into 120 cupcakes... I'm so excited! It's like Christmas for me!

11 comments:

aubrie said...

Congrats Kim! I'm so excited for you. Wishing you all the best!

Ryan... said...

Yeah for the new baby boy!! Congratulations!!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting and I sooo knew! I got the pregnancy vibe from you the last weeks of school. Boys are so much fun! Sad I will not get to see you at work and know everything about the pregnancy. Take care!

Ashley Welling said...

oh my gosh! that is such exciting news. we are going to miss you next year. are you going to keep teaching? you are like the 4th person I know who is due in October.

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

Congrats Kim!! That is so exciting!! I am sao happy for you guys, it seems like everyone is having boys. Congrats again!

Annette said...

Yea for the baby! I'm so excited to hear that things are going well! Babies are exciting. Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Yea Kim! Congratulations- I am very happy for you, you will be a great momma. :) I hope you've been feeling well too... yea for cupcakes and baby boys! :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations Kim!! And I loved the nonchalant announcement--oh just making cupcakes and having a baby. :) So excited for you!

Arti said...

Wow, 120 cupcakes! That's incredible. I'm serious about you opening a business. Maybe you are. I guess catering could be cool. You're so amazing. Oh yeah, and congrats about the baby. I am still so excited for you. So cool!

Esplins said...

Love the post... I agree with Jessica... the "oh by the way" announcement is awesome. Glad you're doing great and have finally shared the news on here :) Love ya Kim! Can't wait to hang out again!!

Megan said...

Congrats Kim! Little boys are the best. You are just a week and 1/2 further along than me, I'm due the start of November. I'm so excited for you. You will be a great mom! Are you going back to teach? Thanks for the link to the cupcake recipes, I can't wait to try them!