Today is a very special day. I should be happy because of Martin Luther King Day or the Inauguration tomorrow or even because I don't have to work today... but this is so much better! It's Edgar Allan Poe's 200th birthday! If you don't know (you should BTW), Edgar is my all time favorite author. He beats out Dickens, Orczy, Dostoevsky, and Thoreau. I love him! Somehow the fusion of his macabre tone and romantic tales is simply intoxicating... ahh. What would the world be like without Edgar?In honor of this momentous occasion, I invite you to read some of his works. My personal favorites are The Cask of Amontillado, The Fall of the House of Usher, and The Premature Burial (which is surprisingly upbeat at the end). I also love these poems: Annabel Lee (all time favorite), The Bells, and For Annie. I hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
Oh, Kim. I love you. You seriously make me laugh. You must be the best English teacher!
I'm impressed that you know that!
Post a Comment