Saturday, May 16, 2009

Brothers and Sisters, Aloha!

As per Melissa's request, here are some pictures from our Hawaii vacation. We took over 350... don't worry, I won't post all of them :)

This is me at Hukilau Beach. That boat is the "Iosepa" (I think that's how you spell it) that members of the Hawaiian Club will sail to the Big Island.
This is me relaxing at Sunset Beach. Beautiful, right?
Here I am at the Banzai Pipeline watching surfers. The surf isn't too big during the summer months, but it was still entertaining.
Waimea Bay. My favorite place. The rock in the distance is the famous "jumping rock." While we were here Josh and I saw whales breaching... very cool!

Now for the good pictures--the ones that will really make you jealous:

Dole Whip from the Dole Plantation.
Lemon Pepper Shrimp from Macky's.King Crab Legs from Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch, and Crab restaurant.
BLT, Avocado Burger (notice that it is an ENTIRE avocado), and Fries from Kua 'Aina Burger (amazing!).Haiku Chicken from Haleiwa Joe's.

We loved every minute of the vacation, but we're happy to be home!

6 comments:

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

I am very jealous! I have only been to Hawaii once and didn't know any of those resturaunts existed! How fun! We miss you in our ward :)

Jessica said...

Wow, so jealous! Looks like it was gorgeous! Glad you guys had a great vaycay.

Jessica and Reece said...

JEALOUS. That's the only word that comes to mind right now...

Justin and Melissa said...

more, more! I hear you all got to strut your stuff at the luau, lets see that also. I am living my Hawaii vacation through your pictures I have decided since I only get to see the California coast and not the Hawaii one. No I am not complaining, I just want to see that one also.

Melanie said...

Where's the picture of the shave ice at Aoki's?

Shiree and I were thinking that we needed to schedule a Smith/Call reunion. Possibly in Hawaii???

Annette said...

I didn't even know you were going to Hawaii! It looks like so much fun! I don't see any cute pictures of your husbands toes...did he go with you to this paradise :)